- Assistance Paying Your Bill
- Information on LITE-UP Texas, Lifeline, Link-Up, Victims of Family Violence, and Weatherization Programs.
- Electric Utility Bill Assistance for Burned Veterans
- As part of the 83rd Texas Legislative session, the Texas Legislature passed legislation that allows for Retail Electric Providers (REPs) to offer bill assistance to veterans severely burned in combat. The PUC adopted this legislation into Electric Rule §25.480.
- Relay Texas
- Relay Texas provides telephone interpreting service between individuals who can hear and those who are deaf, hard-of-hearing, deaf-blind or speech-disabled. Relay Texas agents have equipment that enables them to hear a speaking caller.
- STAP - Specialized Telecommunications Assistance Program
- Senate Bill 512 passed during the 83rd Legislative session, transferred Specialized Telecommunication and Assistance Program (STAP) vendor registration and reimbursement authority from the Public Utility Commission (PUC) to DARS effective September 1, 2013. All PUC rules related to STAP vendors became DARS rules and are enforceable by DARS.
- Please direct questions regarding Vendor Registration, login issues, or obtaining a vendor login ID to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Vendors may log into their accounts at https://www.staptexas.org
- Please direct questions pertaining to obtaining a STAP voucher to the Office for Deaf and Hard of Hearing services to email@example.com or call 512-407-3250.
- Additional STAP information including how to apply for a voucher is located at: http://www.dars.state.tx.us/dhhs/stap.shtml.