PM - Power Marketer Registration and Reporting
Overview - Registration
A power marketer is an entity that becomes an owner of electric energy in Texas for the purpose of selling the electric energy at wholesale but does not own generation, transmission, or distribution facilities and does not have a certificated service area.
- Who Should File: Persons planning to buy or sell electric energy at wholesale in Texas. A potential power marketer should file the following in Project 14406 (there is no form for this):
- Name, address, and telephone number, fax number, and e-mail address of the person to whom communications should be addressed;
- Names and types of businesses of the owners with percentages of ownership;
- Each affiliate that buys or sells electricity at wholesale in Texas, sells electricity at retail in Texas, or is an electric or municipally owned utility in Texas;
- A description of the location of any facility in Texas used to provide service;
- A description of the service provided;
- Copies of all registration information filed with FERC; and
- Affidavit by an authorized person that the registrant is a power marketer
1701 N. Congress, Room 8-100, P.O. Box 13326,
Austin, TX 78711-3326
When to File: No later than 30 days after the date that it first buys or sells electric energy at wholesale in Texas
Examples of Prior Filings can be found by searching our Interchange filing system using 14406 as a control number.
Power Marketers (.htm) - MSExcel (.xls)
Corrections to these lists: Please update your company contact information using the PUC Portal and "Company Contacts" available in PUC Applications.
Transaction Reports (ETR)
Effective November 21, 2011 - Quarterly Wholesale Electricity Transaction Reports are no longer required. Please reference Substantive Rule 25.93 for information on this.
Please contact Shawnee Claiborn-Pinto at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-936-7388.
Rules - Statutes - Orders
Chapter 35 Subchapter B
Substantive Rule 25.105 - Registration and Reporting by Power Marketers
Substantive Rule 25.93 - Quarterly Wholesale Electricity Transaction Reports
Questions and Answers
ETR: Shawnee Claiborn-Pinto - 512-936-7388 or email@example.com
Power Marketer Registration: Richard Greffe - firstname.lastname@example.org