Public Utility Commission of Texas

Skip Navigation Links

Certification and Licensing

BRK - Broker Registration


A broker is a person or entity that provides brokerage services. Brokerage services are the provisioning of advice or procurements services to, or acting on behalf of, a retail customer regarding the selection of a retail electric provider (REP). Generally a broker will be compensated by the REP, but may take payments from the customers in certain circumstances.

Who Should File: Any person or entity that provides brokerage services must register with the PUC as a broker.

Individual employees of broker firms and persons acting only as agents of retail electric providers are not required to register as brokers. REPs may not register as a broker.

When to File: Before providing brokerage services to customers.


Broker Registration Form

Related Dockets

Project 49711 - Development of Interim Form

Project 49779 - Filing of Registration Forms

Project 49794 - Rulemaking for Broker Registrations

Registered Companies


Broker Q & A

Questions about a Pending Registration: James Kelsaw at 512-936-7338,
or Grace Godines at 512-936-7131,