PUCTX Website
Skip Navigation LinksIndustry Information Filings Filings Retrieval

Instructions and FAQ for Filings Retrieval System


  1. Once you have entered Filings Retrival from the Public Utility Commission of Texas Interchange page, click the button labeled Login.This will take you to a screen titled PUCT Filing Locator.

  2. Fill the appropriate fields with your search criteria and then click on the button labeled Search Now.

  3. You should now be at a screen titled ***** List Search Results. From this screen you will be able to select your items.

  4. Click on the blue number that corresponds with your item of choice. This will take you to a screen titled List of Documents. On this screen you will see available documents for download.

  5. Right click on the documents one at a time and do a Save Target As. Rename the documents to something familiar to you and direct them to a location on your local hard drive.


What information can be found with Interchange?

  • Interchange will allow you to locate information that is officially filed with the PUC in Central Records, including Projects, Dockets and Tariff applications. Please note that the actual tariffs are not available in Interchange. Hard copies may be obtained from the Central Records Division by calling 512-936-7180.

What additional tools do I need to retrieve and view filings over the Internet?

  1. The PUC supports the most current versions of Internet Explorer and Firefox.
  2. To view PDF files download the free - Adobe Reader
  3. The PUC Filings Retrieval System still contains many legacy multipage TIFF files. To view these files there are several options - Microsoft operating system inclusions: Windows Photo Gallery (Vista) or Windows Photo Viewer (Windows 7) - Microsoft also offers Windows Live Photo Gallery 2011. Additionally there is - IrfanView.
  4. Some files may need to be unzipped requiring a program such as WinZip to access the files. Windows Vista and Windows 7 both have unzip utilities built-in. These files carry the .zip extension.

How can if find a Control Number or Filing Style?

  • You can find a Control Number or Filing Style by using the Control Number Search Feature located on the Filings Retrieval Search page.

How do I File documents with the PUC?

I am having problems accessing/downloading documents or using Filer, how do I get assistance?

  • For assistance accessing electronic documents or using the PUC Filer contact the
    PUC Help Desk at helpdesk@puc.texas.gov